Thanks to inspiration from Read All Day and a conversation with my mom, I realized that while I couldn’t read one book per day like the wonderful Nina Sankovitch, I could read more than I currently am.
I decided that I would read 100 books in a year. However, I decided this AFTER January 1. After some procrastination and more conversations with friends, it was decided that it didn’t matter WHEN I began to read the books, as long as I read them. So I started my 100 books in the year reading in the beginning of April.
Then the idea came to blog about my journey and experiences, with the books themselves and finding the time to read 100 books in a year (a book every 3-4 days). Although I began my journey, I will restart in order to chronicle my experiences as I go.
Here are ten of my favorite books that I read during my April-July that I no longer will count in my 100 Books in a Year journey:
1. Room by Emma Donoghue
2. Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
3. A Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs
4. The Bad Girl by Mario Vargas Llosa
5. Untouchable by Scott O’Connor
6. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
7. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
8. Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
9. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
10. Game of Thrones books 1 and 2 by George R. R. Martin
I’m also currently reading “The Corrections” by Jonathan Franzen, so when I finish it, then the list will officially start!
While my to-read list is incredibly long, anyone have a suggestion of something I should read?
Thanks for reading,