Everyone is writing about the best books for Halloween, but not me! I am writing today about something even scarier. . . bad book events!
What can be scarier than . . .
- When you spill your drink in your book
- Dog eared pages
- Finding strange stains on the pages of your library books
- Severely disliking a book that your friend recommended
- Accidentally purchasing the wrong book for your Kindle, iPad, etc.
- Not being able to get ahold of the sequel to the book you just finished (or not even knowing the book is part of a trilogy when you start and have to scramble to find the others, as my friend Mindy fears!)
- Someone giving you spoilers
- When someone borrows and never returns one of your favorites
- Grammatical and spelling errors in your books
- When you’re caught without a book – My mom’s bookish nightmare
- When you get back a paperback and it’s bent out of shape from people opening the cover too far – My husband’s bookish nightmare
- Dropping a book in the pool – My husband’s way of making fun of me for dropping one of the HP books in the pool (which I IMMEDIATELY repurchased on Amazon, thank you very much!)
- Borrowing book from the library and are halfway through when there’s an entire page missing!! Talk about stopping you in your tracks – you have to go back to the library and hope they have another! – Fabulous Stephanie from Events by Steph
What is your book nightmare?
Thanks for reading,