Floating around the internet are a bunch of different blogging awards, and I think I can say I’ve made it when I was nominated for two different blogging awards (my first time ever!!!) within a few days of each other! So here’s my first of two award posts.
Thanks to Jhobell Kristyl at Book Maven’s Picks, another great bookish blog, for nominating me for the Liebster Award (to which the origin is explained here since I was curious and did some googling).
The blog awards always have special rules to follow, so here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate other bloggers for the award and make sure to notify them
4. Write 11 new questions for the bloggers you are nominating (you can’t nominate the blogger who nominated you)
5. Claim the “Liebster Award” photo for your blog
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I love love love to watch jail and drug shows. My favorites? Nat Geo’s Locked up Abroad and MSNBC’s Lockup.
- I’m terrified of frogs. Like I’ll wait until they move away from my front door before I can possibly enter. I even nominated myself for the show that probably doesn’t exist anymore, Animal Phobias.
- I have a secret place in my heart for some hardcore rap music. Yeah, I know most of the words to DMX’s music and all of the words to the St. Lunatics cd.
- I hate to cook. Totally not my thing.
- I enjoyed the Twilight novels! But I hated the 50 Shades, so don’t think my taste is bad overall!
- I love awful reality tv. Some of my favorites are the Real Housewives, Teen Mom, and Shark Tank (which probably doesn’t classify as the same kind of bad).
- I think Sheldon Cooper is one of the funniest people ever. Bazinga!
- I taught myself how to knit through YouTube videos. Joke away, but now I can make an awesome scarf and you can’t!
- I have a wall of books at my house made of IKEA bookshelves.
- I love to try different, crazy things on my nails, like making Up (the movie) themed nails with clouds and a house with lots of balloons on them.
- I enjoy white wine, even though sometimes I feel guilty about it since it doesn’t have the antioxidants that red does!
Jhobell Kristyl’s questions for me are. . .
- Favorite color? Blue (the same shade as my eyes)
- Love or money? Love
- Favorite book genre? Popular, modern fiction
- Sunny day or rainy day? I’m a Florida girl, sunny!!!!!
- Hot or cold? Hot day, cold ice cream!
- Favorite food? Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Your biggest fear? Frogs!
- Your greatest dream? To figure out what I want to do with my life as a career
- If you’re a Hollywood star, who would you be? Hmmm . . . I have no idea. . .
- Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings? HP, but to be fair, I haven’t read the LOTR or seen the movies yet (but it’s high on my list)
- If you have a superpower, what is it? Flying!!!
Time to nominate other bloggers. . . (If I think they are great, you will too!)
- Heather @ Between the Covers
- Jennifer @ The Relentless Reader
- Leah @ Books Speak Volumes
- Stephanie @ Steph’s Blog (also a fab event planner if needed)
- Matt @ A Guy’s Moleskine Notebook
- Geoff @ The Oddness of Moving Things
- Melinda @ My Life in Rouge (perfume, nail polish bloggy blog!)
- Jen @ Devourer of Books
- Isi @ From Isi (She’s learning English one blog post at a time! Just kidding, her English is awesome!)
- The Matilda Project (Always has amazing new bookstores to show off!)
- Andi @ Estella’s Revenge
And now, the questions they need to answer (although I didn’t write them in question format). . .
- Favorite book
- Least favorite book
- Biggest vice
- Biggest virtue
- Favorite food
- Grossest food
- Best place to shop
- Favorite vacation spot
- Favorite website (doesn’t have to be a blog)
- Your go-to when you’re sad
- The exotic pet you’d love to be
Thanks again to my Book Maven!!!
Feel free to answer the questions in the comments section, even if you weren’t nominated! I still love you! 🙂
Thanks for reading,